"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yer Doin it Wrong..


Look! Edwin has new publicity photos! Loves it! Doncha wanna kiss his cute lil face? I went all over to get his album yesterday. Ok, to Target, and Best Buy. Of course, it wasn't out because TODAY is the 24th... dumbass! (Ever notice dumbass looks like dum bass..?) The guy at Best Buy was like, are you sure it doesn't come out Tomorrow? (today) Releases are always on Tuesday. Uhhhh....yea. I gave him attitude for not having it out too. Cus, notoriously they never have his stuff when it's released. I can be such a tool!
Anyway..I had a free class with one of the VP's husbands at work last week, who owns a boxing fitness joint. He comes in once a week for classes, they cost money. I got a free pass attached to one of the water bottles in the gym at work. So, what the hell? The first class is a one on one. Where I got to ask such questions as....why am I working out 5 days a week, at 4 and 5 miles and not losing weight? What the hell is the problem?

Awesome news, he told me that I am overworking my body, and that you should rest between workouts. I know, I've heard it all before, but then I see shows like The Biggest Loser, where they work out every day for 5 hours, I think, what the hell, I can do it too. One thing I did right was to stop jogging. Say huh? Yea, walking fast at a 4.4 and below is plenty. He said doing his class twice a week, and one more day of cardio is all you need. Um, 3 days versus 5 days? Yessssss! I'm still doing 5 but 2 will be at home, 30 min weight sessions. I'm givin it a week to see how it goes. Lest we forget, I'm um, going to the beach in 32 days. Squeeeeeee!
I'm so super excited to spend a week with my lovebug! (shut up!) I keep checking the website to see what's going on that week as they add things to the schedule. Last night he asked me if my sisters got good soundproofing. I can't imagine what he means by that. But I told him she takes sleeping pills....wink.


4 comments:

Rachel said...

Ugh--I HATE rest between workouts....but, I have to admit, it helps when I rest. Sigh. I think I need a nap.

Anonymous said...

Wow - work out less and lose more weight?? I need that trainer!!

Allison M. said...

I understand the value of a trainer, but my pride or wallet won't let me have one. As a former athlete, I know that I need to eat better and work out more, so that I burn more than I consume. I just can't get into a routine and stick with it -- that's my problem.

Basically, I'm pretty lazy and out of shape right now.

Fizzgig said...

Rachel:
I feel like im not doing anything if I'm not pushing myself.

Erin:
Seriously! We'll see how this works!

Allison:
right, I can't afford him again. I eat good and workout like a fool, so something had to change! If I get out of a routine i cant get back in so I can relate!