"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, June 12, 2008

Vacation, all I ever wanted...

The boy and I discussed vacation last night. It is tenative on his approval at work that we are going to see my sister in Virginia Beach the end of July. Eeeeeek!!! I got approval today. My boss actually asked when I was going on a vacation this week, because she knows, I have not had a week off of work since 2004. That isn't a type-o. (this does not include the month after I was laid off, because I spent that time crying and sitting in the dark to save money). I have had time off 1 job, but had to work the second one for years. Or, I've had a day off both jobs, or a long weekend, but an entire week? Shut up!

I didn't get to see my cutie pants last night he worked later than usual, so we made some plans on the phone. I can't wait to wake up next to him for a week. Sit on the beach and enjoy his company. Kiss him whenever I want. Pinch his buns. Maybe break my sister's bed. (kidding, she already told me I can't do this, but they have Bed, Bath & Beyond's in Virginia if I should need to replace her bed risers....) We are going to have a fantastical time. We're gonna fly down, and rent a car. It will be fun to go with someone who likes to kick it. I have not had a fun vacation like that in...well...ever?

This means I am on super lockdown with working out and eating. I want to lose 2lbs a week. Watch me burn. I jacked up my knees with jogging, so I've been walking fast, and make the 4 mile mark in an hour, which is actually harder, and my ass is killing me. I had been doing 4.5-5 jogging for half of it. I'm going to swear off carbs (the bad ones) for a while. Except maybe, I'll still have beer. I can't give everything up. I have to get in a bathing suit. I don't look horrible, but I don't want to feel self conscious. 6 weeks. I can do whatever I set my mind to.

Other than that I've been hella busy with work. It's month end. I've had to counsel the new girl because she made yet more mistakes. My boss has had it, and the next time she is getting a write up. To try to save her ass, I have to check her work before it leaves her desk. This is always a treat, but it will teach her the standards of the department. I already did this while training her, but whatever. Job security. In turn, I have to have all of my work checked. I hate waiting for people to complete my job. Hate. It.

I've been taking classes too, on how to keep the good ones, and performance appraisals. This Friday, I am testing out of Excel beginner and intermediate so I can get my certificate. I will try to test out of advanced at a later date, because I do most of those things on a daily basis. We'll see. It's progress. I have a billion classes I have to complete as a supervisor, and the program classes are extra, for my own personal development with the company. I'm such a go-getter.

No comments: