"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day...

For Mother's Day this year, we did a mother/daughter first. I treated my Momma to a spa pedicure!! We were both virgins! I hear your judgement, everyone asks why we hadn't done it before. The only answer is, we didn't know what we were missing!

And, truthfully, yes, I may paint my toenails, but with my workout schedule, the amount of time my feet are shoved into sweaty socks far outweighs the time they can be cute. I'm trying though.

The hilight of our visit was when they put the hot towel on moms legs and she told the manicurist that it felt so good she might pee. And she did it with a straight face.


After our pedicures, we went shopping at our favorite place, the salvation army. Where I got Nike running pants for 2.99. And, you know those are $40-$50 retail!! (I so sound like my Mom!) I can't spend high dollar on clothes I will only sweat in.

We had a fabulous lunch at our new favorite hot spot for Greek food. Then, I rushed home so I could enjoy a ladies night at the winery, with my fabulous lady friends!!

Then on actual Mother's Day, me and my Momma went to see Dark Shadows, with Johnny Depp. She loved the old soap, and wanted to see the movie. It was great, and she even pointed out that in the "ball" scene, the original cast members were in attendance. Age=knowledge!

I topped off the celebratory weekend with taking one of my four legged kids to run at the park. Now, I am set to watch the farewell of one of my favorite shows, Desperate Housewives....chardonnay in hand.

Seeing that I was busy with my Mom my friends, or running all weekend, I have about 20 hours of TiVo to catch up on now.

How did you spend your Mother's Day?

2 comments:

Allison M. said...

So my brother took my mom to see Dark Shadows and my mom was all about the soap growing up!


I love treating myself to pedicures, especially after all the workouts I put them through!

Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like a lovely time with your mum.