"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Saturday, May 19, 2012

Half is Better Than None...

It's finally here. All that I have been working towards.
Could I sleep these past few nights? No.
Am I excited/nervous/giddy/anxious/happy/sad/scared shitless? Yes.

Good luck to everyone running in the Cleveland Marathon tomorrow!! I am pretty sure I might cry at the finish, but I'm trying to keep my mind on my race finish photo...no one wants to remember their first half marathon by a photo of herself ugly crying.


Aside from the obvious...the sheer sense of pride for finishing a half, and receiving my medal, (which I will wear all day) and getting back in "shape" after this taper (which has somehow turned into a "free for all pack on the pounds, eat, eat, eat, while cutting waaaay back on my running and strength training instead of a healthy way of consuming carbs and extra calories because I am working out way less")...ahem.......there are three other things I am SO looking forward to:

1. Putting my 13.1 magnet on my car!!!!! (this will be displayed over my "will run for wine" magnet)

2.  Enjoying mine, and my bff's beer at the finish party (see why she is my bff?) plus a bottle of wine at home. I've been neglecting the wine these past few weeks in preparation of the race. Hydration blows when you like your drink.

3. Mile 9!!!! Where the Animal Protective League will have their dogs there to "woof" us on"!! Seeing their cute furry faces will make me smile. 

Here's to kicking ass!!!!

2 comments:

Debbie @ Live from La Quinta said...

I am so excited for you! Good luck on your first half! I know you will kick ass, which in this case, means finishing strong :-)

Can't wait to hear your race report.

Fizzgig said...

debbie:
thank you thank you!! it is such a goal to have hit!