"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, May 10, 2012

Getting Back Together With an Ex...

No, not THAT kind of ex, silly.

This kind:
After much anticipation for Arctic Zero to hit the shelves at my local store, I finally got to try it!

Me and ice cream broke up so long ago, I can't even remember how delicious it was. Sure, I could still have real ice cream in moderation, but moderation isn't part of my vocabulary.

My review of Arctic Zero, is don't try it if you still remember how ice cream tastes, because you probably wont like it. It is really good, but it's an alternative, not a substitute.

It is sweet, but it's a healthy sweet, it isn't artificial sugar sweet. It's enough to still taste like a treat. Even though you could eat the whole pint at 150 calories, it is also suprisingly filling, and I couldn't finish it. Also, it has a creamy texture without the dairy.

I tried the chocolate peanut butter, and mint chocolate cookie. (there are no cookies or peanut butter in either), vanilla maple, and chocolate. All were good, but I liked the peanut butter better because I have a thing for peanut butter.

It is also all natural, and I felt pretty good about eating it:

INGREDIENTS: PURIFIED WATER, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, CHICORY ROOT, DUTCH PROCESSED COCOA POWDER WITH ALKALI, GUAR 
GUM, XANTHAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, SEA SALT, MONK FRUIT CONCENTRATE. 


And since it is cool treat season, I'll share a dee-lish recipe for "ice cream pie" that is also somewhat healthy.


2 Yoplait whipp's yogurts (any flavor, but I like key lime, chocolate mousse, or orange creamsicle for this)
1 regular container of sugar free cool whip
1 reduced calorie graham pie crust

Fold the (thawed) cool whip and the two containers of yogurt together, and spread into the pie crust. You can top with more cool whip if you want. Freeze. And enjoy the best thing you ever had!

And if you are like me, and you can't be trusted with an entire pie in the house if it is just for you, instead of a graham crust, use 1 reduced fat nilla wafer in the bottom of a freezer type container, and top with some of the filling and make little individual "pies".

Now, go enjoy some sweet treats and don't feel bad about it!!

4 comments:

Urban Cynic said...

Wed on't have any of those things over here in the UK. I think I might be glad!

I wasn't around for the journey of your transformation - you look pretty good in your photo but you say you were obese? I'm 40 and need to lose around 25lbs (I used to have an active job but now I don't plus I love cake and hate exercise!) and tips on how to motivate myself to do (free) exercise would be brilliant!

And well done on your progress - girl done good!

Fizzgig said...

walking is free! it's how I started! and only by sheer chance, and progress did I start running, I never thought I would, and still don't LOVE it, but it burns calories.

the best advice i can ever give a person is to commit to yourself for 30 days, to be just a little more active than usual, and eat no processed foods. Nothing you don't prepare yourself, without salt, sauces etc...google "eating clean".

I promise you that if you stick to it for 30 days, you are going to cheat on day 31 (i sure did) and get a reality check as to what food does for your body. You will feel amazing after you get over wanting to kill people for the lack of carbs and sugar, you'll be energized, and alert, and feel fabulous.

then when you have your cheat day, you will see how sluggish, and crappy eating bad makes you feel, and you have that to look back on! I've been on every diet, but never gave myself 30 days of anything..

Urban Cynic said...

Thank you! I've tried doing the walking every morning thing (I live my the sea as well so how crap is it that I don't?!) but committing for 30 days is a great idea.

I also really cut down on carbs and sugar (addicted to sugar in a very heavy way) for a month but only lasted 2 weeks. I did feel it in my face though - was definitely a bit slimmer.

It was very hard though - my BF does all the cooking as I hate to cook, he's pretty good at making it healthy (ish)

Going to have another go - thank you!

Fizzgig said...

whitespace:
seriously, the 30 days is key!! you owe yourself that much! and you will feel so much better after!