"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trying new things...



This probably looks kinda boring and/or gross. But it is not! I have been hearing about **kale chips forever and a day, and their delicious "chip like" snackability. Like most people, I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard.

But I tried it! And, no, it isn't as good as a (baked lays, or pringles) potato chip, but it is a good snack!

I made mine in the oven with a little olive oil, onion, and garlic powder, and a dash of salt.

Of course, you have to enjoy vegetables, because it isn't a real life junk food. But, it is something different! I highly recommend trying this!!

And secondly, After a sweet chardonnay, and two plum wines, I tried shrimp at the hibachi for the first time in my 36 years, and I just might try it again! It wasn't horrible, or fishy, as I had thought!!

I also finally went to a wine bar. That is located 2 miles from home. I've never been!

Who knew trying new things wouldn't kill me?

**Kale chips

1 bunch of kale
1tsp veg oil (i did this twice, the first time this didn't seem like enough oil, but trust me it is. otherwise you get soggy kale)
salt, seasoning to taste (salt after, before, brings out the moisture and you get soggy kale)
I cooked mine in a single layer, (stems removed) on my pizza stone
350 20 m but keep an eye on it, once the edges brown take them out and let them set

There are a ton of ways to make this, so just find what works for you! I have made these three times this weekend!! YUM!

3 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Interesting ... I've never heard of making it into chips.

Carolyn G said...

I have been wanting to try kale chips for a while. I might have to make them now!

cleshopaholic said...

OMG I LOVE kale chips, and funny enough, so do my dogs. And they are very picky.