"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, March 26, 2012

Sick Day...


"I wanna play!"

I contracted a horrid cold with fever over the weekend. I missed my miles, a date (nothing major) and I had to call off work on Monday. I hate calling off work.

While I drifted in and out of consciousness, between netflix marathons, vicks fusion doses, Progresso light chicken noodle soup, and liters of water, Magoo was angry at me for not getting him out of the house for a walk.

He took to stealing my afghan, several times, as portrayed in this photograph.





Oh I'm sorry, did you need these tissues for your sore nose?

So after drifting back asleep, he woke me up by the sound of ripping my puffs plus out of the container, one by one...I rolled over, and said "really Magoo?" then I snapped this photo... he yawned , and walked casually to the end of the couch, and jumped up for a nice long nap.

Reason 567,898,736 not to have kids, if this were a human child.. after the first time I ignored his attempts to make me play, he'd have gotten under the sink and eaten the miracle grow, or drank my boxed wine, then I'd be missing even more work due to jail time.

So, ummm....I'll take my one eyed, 19 toothed, afghan stealing, puffs plus eating, rescue shih poo...any day!

Here's to good health!

4 comments:

Lost Wondering said...

ur posts r so full of life n joy..n I lyk especially what u say in ur profile that u love the universe around U :D..Its cool that u can write so many things about U Urself..not too many around can do that even if they try hard. Keep it up

Debbie said...

I'm sorry you're sick but I loved your Magoo story. The photo makes me laugh.

Teena in Toronto said...

How cute is that?! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Fizzgig said...

lifeternal
thank you, I try to stay positive!

debbie:
he is a peice of work, that dog! he is like a human child stuck in a dogs body.

teena:
thanks, im resting, though I hate it!