"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Taxing...

So, I get a bonus this year. Yay, fanfare, exciting. They told us this over a week ago. So we can all be excited, and dream about what we can do with our money.

Then they gave us statements, outlining, how much we are actually going to get in the end.

The government helps themselves to 40% of your bonus. Because, its "extra money."

So, I'm super happy I get a little extra money, but deflated because of the amount being stolen from me.

I think taxes are crap. I mean I fully expected to pay taxes on it, but you know, the normal percentage of tax. I googled it, and found out that overtaxing bonuses is common practice, and some people are taxed more, according to their state.

I suck at math but if you add up all the taxes we pay on junk, I'm pretty sure we're all living on minimum wage.

When I own my own island, there wont be any taxes. We'll use seashells for money, and life will be happy and free. It'll piss off the government so we'll need some people with guns to keep them out.

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I still have to do my taxes :(

rueschmike said...

Unless the bonus puts you in a higher tax bracket next year - the money the government takes out as withholding will be returned to you in your 2010 tax return.