"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, March 15, 2010

Authoritar.

I've been in the supervisory field for like two years or something. I dunno, when your mind is full with power you forget these things.

Jussst kidding. I'm actually a stellar boss, who I'd love to work for.

My recent capers with annoying coworker are, I gave her a less than glowing review. Lets remember she is a less than glowing employee who has been written up. Of course your score will drop.

She tried to question my review which is totally unacceptable. This was Friday. Today, my big boss wanted to meet with me. Of course, I asumed it had to do with annoying coworker, and was worried. But no, it was good.

He wants me to report to him vs. my current boss. She is a manager. He is a director. Which is one step below a VP. And we will work on my professional development. He says I should be a manager because I supervise more people than managers at our company do. Say huh?

My boss then called to see what I thought about it all and I said um, well I'll miss reporting to you and she said I seemed "underwhelmed". So I'm guessing that when they make the announcement that I'll see exactly what it means. I took it as I'm working toward a promotion, but then my boss acted like it was one.

Either way I'm gonna be a manager. Its a level higher than I am now. I wonder if I get a raise?

Respect my authoritah!

And....power to positive thinking! Cus seriously, I'm just being me. I'm not doing anything super spectacular.

7 comments:

Allison M. said...

i love your labels. love them!

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

GIRLFRIEND!!!! AWESOME!!

heather said...

and? you're going to celebrate with wine. right?

congrats!!

MzAriez said...

Congrats!

Sister Copinherhair said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Fizzgig said...

allison:
thanks. lol

alexa:
seriously, i think im a grown up.

heather:
you know i am gonna have wine. lots of wine!

mzariez:
thank you thank you!

Sister:
TY =)

Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats :)