"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, December 07, 2009

The Beat goes On...

Darndest thing. I'm ok. Like I said I'm sad and I have my moments. So when I have my moments, I replace that with, "he's a miserable motherfucker, and it's his loss" and I move on! I don't want to be with someone who can't move forward with me. I've done a lot of work on myself. I'm not letting someone ruin my future because of their past.

I've been fighting contacting new guy after setting a date. (really, its a group date, he's friends with my old neighbors and we are all going to the game together as I have 4 tix) He hasn't had a relationship in years. He hasn't been ready. Some people, take time to be ready. Unlike notsomuchamanfriend (thx Damsel for that name lol) So, I am trying not to push my relationship ready self into it right away. It would be easy to slip right into something again.

And, it paid off, he sent me a message last night to say goodnight, and wish me a happy monday. So...he's obviously been thinking of me too. =)

I stopped seeing him back in the day because I started to like him. And at the time we had an understanding. The understanding was we didn't want anything more, and we were both OK with that. He said I never told him I wanted more. Which I didn't. Very shortly after I met notsomuchamanfriend, and I told new guy that I've met someone. And that I'm in love. Because though he contacted me from time to time throughout the two years.....

I'm not a cheater.

But, everything happens for a reason...we'll see what that is.

I hung w/my old neighbors Friday. Turns out, the male counterpart told new guy that me and notsomuchamanfriend had broken up. So it wasn't exactly coincidental that he called me that night. He said he always thought we'd be good together. Another of my girlfriends said that too. Time will tell. I mean, I do like him and he makes me laugh...

Saturday I got CABLE, and I have CABLE in my bedroom! Yay! I also had my washer hooked up and I got a ton of stuff unpacked. I'm moving right along. Still have stuff at the old place I've been getting it little by little. And painting all my furniture white to match the new place.

I slept in my own bed. Forever, I had to sleep on the couch cus I missed sleeping with that asshole. I only slept in my bed w/him. Which I cannot say the same for him.

2 comments:

Sister Copinherhair said...

It's a bitch to type though, isn't it? Ha ha! ;) Makes Indubitably seem like a piece of cake...

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Sounds like you are moving along nicely. Good for you.