"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, July 27, 2009

I heart Vegetables...

I went to dinner this weekend with the manfriend's family for his sister's birthday. We went to Bar Symon. It was really yummy, and any time I can order hard cider on draft I'm a happy girl! I ate some macaroni and cheese. I guess this guy was on the iron chef and won. So, it wasn't real mac and cheese, it was different noodles, and chicken, and goat cheese.

Goats make good cheese. I was a virgin. I had just spent Friday night at the winery with some gals, petting the goats. (and savoring their new Blueberry wine....delish!!)

Back to dinner. Manfriend's dad ate the weirdest things. Like, pork cracklings....pork croutons....and the kicker. Bone marrow. Um, they brought out sliced bones, and he spooned the jellified marrow onto toast. And ate it.

Omg, I can't believe people do that.

I loved my food, and also tried fried brussell sprouts. I heart fresh brussell sprouts.

We all went bowling after stopping back at his Dad's for some ice cream cake. Cosmic bowling. I happened to beat the manfriend once at bowling, and it made him mad. In a fun way.

I ate and drank way too much this weekend, and now its back to double workouts again to make up for it all.

I don't heart working out.

P.S. Did you watch Big Brother, and Jessie saying he is devastatingly handsome? He is disgusting, and the way lydia and natalie gush over him makes me want to puke!

8 comments:

Maxie said...

I'll try anything, even jellied bone marrow, once.

Andhari said...

Ouch bone marrow? okay I might be a wimp on trying anything at least once rule.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i love me some chef symon. i went to his first cleveland restaurant lolita last night for dinner. very tasty.

also, blueberry wine sounds delish!

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm a fairly fussy eater. Gord love love loves cracknel.

Sounds like a fun weekend!

rachaelgking said...

I love brussel sprouts too! I think we are alone...

Sister Copinherhair said...

I'm beginning to catch up and I'm starting to know who these people are on Big Brother.

Jessie's hot. Ronnie's a whiny baby ass. Lydia's cute in a funky way. Jeff is the one that I find myself attracted to. And who's the guy that is giving Ronnie a hard time this week? For some reason, I kinda like him too. He can be a jerk but this time, he has every right to be. Ronnie needs to go!!!

Fizzgig said...

maxie!
gross! i am afraid of you now!

andhari:
ill never try everything once1

alexa:
it was quite tasty. but i cant account for some peoples taste...right?

teena:
is that pork cracklings? lol

lilu:
pretty much we are alone, they are a misunderstood vegetable! I hate them frozen, but fresh is yummmeee

damsel:
gasp! did you watch big brother last year? you cant like jessie if you did...the guy giving ronnie a hard time, is russell the love muscle. ha ha hah a hes cute but hes a douche too. I like jeff and jordan best! i think their cute as buttons

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Jellied bone marrow is great stuff. Ever wonder why your pan drippings from roasting a chook, pork shoulder, or leg o lamb "jelly" after it cools? Cus all that wonderful flavour and goodies from the marrow "jellies" the pan drippings. Why do you think we boil soup bones to make stock? For the marrow flavour!

Wee-Hoo! Bone marrow!!!!

I'm sure you think I'm even weirder than usual now... But no worries cus I am :)