"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My g g generation...

I use to be annoyed by old people. But latley I have a new appreciation for them. Mainly because they make me believe men still care about taking care of women.

No, don't pay my bills, or wipe my mouth, or tell me what TV I can or can't watch or what to wear. Rather, hold my hand on the inside of the road not the outside, so if I fall off the sidewalk I'm not hit by a car. Help me over ditches, open jars and bottles for me, and offer to change a tire, carry something heavy, or kiss me on the forehead.

I find nothing more attractive than being treated like a lady.

A couple weeks ago I'm in the grocery line and an old man in front of me started unloading my cart for me. I thanked him profusely. How sweet was that?

And Saturday, an old man with a cane at the circle K said "well helllllloooo beautiful, your man must sure be proud of you" I simply said "thank you sir".

Guys my age would never pay you a public compliment without trying to be skeevy, it would probably include something about "tapping that ass" too. And they certainly wouldn't unpack your grocery cart, just to be nice, they'd expect your number or something and when you refuse, they'd call you a stuck up bitch.

Sometimes I wish I were part of another generation. Mine kinda makes me sick. I hate to hear about the abuse, the neglect, the general disrespect men seem to have for women.

I just want to be loved the way that I love. Fully and unconditionally.

3 comments:

Carrisa said...

I couldn't agree more. Sometimes I think chivalry is dead. It's nice sometimes to still have someone open the door for you.

Amy Lee said...

I totally agree with you! Gestures like that (walking on the outside of the pavement, holding doors for you, helping you put the coat on) make me like being a woman even more. But it's so hard to find a real gentleman nowadays ;/
So..I wish good luck all of us ;D

MzAriez said...

I have met guys like that. I know they will make someone happy. Too bad it wasn't a match, but at least I know that they exist!