"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, September 14, 2009

I don't like kids...

I'm at Aldi on Sunday with the manfriend. Aldi if you don't know, is one of those grocery stores with no "overhead" ...generic, if you will. So, you have to pay a quarter to unlock a shopping cart, and you get it back when you hook it back to the shopping cart train.

I am taking the cart back, and theres a freaking kid at the cart return who asked me could he take my cart back for me.

Why don't you just ask me for a quarter? A better idea may be asking people in the PARKING lot to take their carts back. Standing at the cart return, after people have come to return their carts, and asking to return peoples carts is sheer laziness.

Reason 789,532,987 not to have kids. I might one day make them go to Aldi to beg for quarters cus I couldn't put the cookies down.

Ask me for my quarter. It wasn't even MY quarter, it was my manfriend's! I'm shopping at Aldi cus I'm broke too. Not cus I enjoy the atmosphere.

P.S. Here I go with no carbs. gulp.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Aldi = Hell

Sister Copinherhair said...

But you like cats, right? 'Cause I like my kid and I think I'll keep him but I'd looooooove to give you one white cat AT NO CHARGE! ;)

(I just finished vacuuming my house, that's why.)

Teena in Toronto said...

We shop at No Frills and have older people asking us for the quarters ... that's kinda sad.

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

ive never been to an aldi.

im also on the no carbs diet though... over a week and im down over 7 lbs.

Frances said...

Hey, the town my business is in has a big ole name brand supermarket that does the quarter thing too. I hate it!
They don't so it in New York, but you in NYC you can't leave the store with the carts.
Sending good vibes.

Carolyn G said...

I 100% agree with you. I don't like kids either.