"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I'm Still Trying to Move On...

It's taking me a lot of time for me to get over my ex. Like, 3 years long. Riddled with seeing him off and on here and there, and half-heartedly trying to date a couple of people. I was holding on to the delusion that things were as I perceived them. But, they weren't that way at all.

Yes, I thought he was really sweet to me, and made me feel like a million bucks when we were together, and I'd never felt that kind of connection before. But it took all this time to realize....he just didn't feel the same way as I did.

But, actions speak louder than words. If you really love and adore someone, you don't cheat on them. And you don't say you are going to move in with them, and start to move your things in, only to take them all back home while your girlfriend is at work, and leave her a note.

Duh.

So, I diverted my attention to me. Best decision ever!  I lost a lot of weight, and accomplished so many fitness firsts!

But what I gained was priceless. For the first time in my 37 years I have decided I'm done with settling! And Being single is far more attractive than being unhappy.

And, maybe I've  finally met someone worth mentioning..I still don't know where things will lead. But for the first time in a lot of years, and a lot of online dating mishaps, I am excited about a new prospect.

And all it took was letting go.



6 comments:

Brianna said...

Ugg, been there! So happy you have met someone wonderful! I was seeing someone for three years off and on and he kept breaking up with me and then getting back together with me. It was such a roller coaster and I thought I was too "in love" to get off the ride.

I eventually moved to a whole new state to start over and get over him. Eventually I met someone new and we have been living together for 2 years...but guess who still texts me randomly that he "misses me"? It feels good to have moved on!

OBM.cle said...

Woo Hoo for new guys!!

Allison M. said...

Oh my god. I love this so much you never know. congrats on finding your happiness on your terms. Doesn't it feel amazing??

Debbie @ Live from La Quinta said...

This brought tears of joy to my eyes for you! You'll pardon me if I say FINALLY! He didn't deserve you or your love. I am so happy for you.

Urban Cynic said...

That's great news! It's always worth hanging on until you find someone worthy. So many women settle for someone who isn't good enough for them; I have no idea why they do this but they seem to prefer nothing special to nothing at all.

I've found that it's rare someone can make me feel as happy as I'm as happy on my own. I think I find them then down the line they don't like me to be so independent. No compromises for this girl!

Good luck!

Jas said...

Congratulations on everything awesome that is happening in your life. Everyone has hurdles, baggage, things they need to overcome to be able to move forward with all the gusto they've got. Sounds like you've done it! You've done it, by George!