"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Saturday, May 11, 2013

Feeling Like a Bad-Ass...

One of the reasons I love semi-private training is because you get so much personal attention, and motivation.

After winning my first "boot camp buddy of the day" award last week, the instructor used me as fuel for the other participants, saying I was "the one to watch, I'm the reigning champion". I felt the pressure, and it made me work harder. I took 3 more classes without winning a title....but then...

My second coveted toy soldier!

I won this time, because I took the class the night before, and the one the next day, and made it the whole class being strong, and not giving up. He doesn't know yet, that if it were offered every day...I'd be there.

Who knew a stupid toy soldier toy would make someone feel so awesome?

I also found a delicious "clean" vegan protein, thanks to Pinterest! I made lentil "burgers", and I'm in love with them! So much so, that I have to stop myself from eating too many! One is enough, they are filling with some veggies, but they are soooo goooood!

The flavor is very comparable to a good veggie burger, but home made, and you know what you put into them!

They do not taste as good after freezing them, as they do fresh, but you will have that I suppose.




Lentil burgers:
1C uncooked lentils
1C brown rice (not instant)
1.5C carrots finely grated (I shred them in the food processor)
1/2tsp garlic
1.5C Oatmeal (I used quick oats the first time, seemed to work fine)
1tsp salt
1 onion finely grated (I shred in the food processor with the carrots)

Cook rice and lentils in 4C water on low heat for 45min covered.

Mix with all other ingredients.

Let cool.

Make into 8 patties, brown over medium heat 6 minutes per side. Mine took longer than 6 minutes, so keep an eye on them.

The recipe said they are 130 cal each, but I find it hard to believe...so I am guessing them at about 200 each, they make hefty "burgers".

.




2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats on the soldiers!

Enjoy your burgers!

Carolyn G said...

WOO!! You are kicking toy soldier ass!