"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Cats Are Assholes....

We had such a beautiful weekend in NE Ohio. I spent time digging up a flower bed out back, and getting my bird feeders, and bird bath in place.


I have an enclosed back porch, so my 14yo (favorite...shhh) cat Fizzgig sat at the doorway and enjoyed watching all the bird activity.

Around 10pm I thought...I havn't seen Fizzgig in a while. I searched the usual sleepy/hidey spots the cats have.. no Fizzgig.

Panic ensued.

Did she escape when I wasn't looking?

I didn't sleep all night. I was up every hour looking for her in the basement, and any other room, equipped with my whisker lickins bag...even out in the yard calling for her. No go....she was missing.

When I finally had to start getting ready for work, I remembered how about 6 or so years back, Fizzgig had escaped for a week, and after flyers, and "cat traps" she showed up right outside of my garage. So I went to my trash can outside my back door, and kicked the can, and what should emerge? Fizzgig.

Yea, I'm pissed at you for letting me escape all night. 

I'm glad my miss Fizzy was found quickly, but I didn't sleep. And now she's pissed at me because she escaped and didn't come back in on my many trips to the yard to find her. 

Fizzgig lives with 3 other cats 1 of which is horribly mean, and violent. She doesn't understand mean-ness. She's just an adorable orange-tabby persian. She knows nothing but love and pampering. I feared for her well-being all night. 

The bottom line is....cat's are freaking assholes

4 comments:

Allison M. said...

That asshole of a cat is gorgeous!

doc_mo said...

That's why I prefer dogs!

If your body is a temple, mine must be a mansion! said...

Oh my god, I would have flipped out too! My StinkerBelle used to try to make the great escape any time we opened the door for our paper/pizza/delivery. She would hunch down to the ground and "tip toe" out... like we didn't see her. Luckily, she never made it far. Glad your's is home safe!!! Even though we love them to death, they really are assholes! haha!

Urban Cynic said...

Cats are indeed utter arseholes. My 2 have me awake way before I'm used to & they tear around the place like nutters. One of them keeps dragging things out of the waste paper basket, and they both leap on me as I'm sleeping. I do adore them but sometimes I could strange them too!