"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Saturday, January 05, 2013

New Year, New Goals!!...

Since I already know that I am able to finish a half marathon, and I did two last year....I am signing up for THREE this year.

The one I am most excited about, will be run in Virginia Beach! My sister lives a mile from the beach, so I also get to take a vacation, and hang out with my sister!! The most exciting part, is that she will be the first person to ever be cheering me on at the end of a race! Being from Ohio, I am also super psyched to run a large portion of this race along the beach! (in September...when it isn't mind blowingly hot!)

Next, my work has an amazing new 12 month program for smoking cessation that basically pays you to quit smoking! I'm most interested in the fact that you are matched with a personal coach that can help you in specialized areas dependant on your needs. One of which is fitness and nutrition.

Gaining weight after all my hard work to lose it terrifies me more than the thought of breaking up with my relationship with nicotine! (and this scares the bejeebers out of me!!)

So...I'm going to try. Giving this an effort is more than I have done in the past where this is concerned, and I owe it to myself to try! Once I finally commited to losing weight by eating clean, and exercising I did it! I didn't look for a quick fix. I didn't try to cut corners. I worked my ass off to lose that last 65 lbs!

After all the years of trying and failing, when I lost the final 6lbs to reach my goal at my weigh in... I remember jumping for joy...and saying  "I can't believe this is still working after all this time".  My trainer asked why I was so surprised. I had nothing else to say other than "you really do get what you put in"

I hope that I have the same success with this smoking thing!!

What do YOU want to accomplish this year?

5 comments:

Debbie @ Live from La Quinta said...

Hurray! I am so proud of you. You WILL kick that nasty habit. Start thinking of yourself as what you are, a fit athlete. Does smoking go with that image. NO way, baby.

(Remember, I know of which I speak. I was a 20 year smoker when I finally quit over 20 years ago. One of the hardest things ever, but I did it and so can you!)

Rachel said...

I really want to run my first half marathon this year! You can TOTALLY quit smoking! You've got this! :)
PS. What other halfs are you running this year?? I want to find one locally.

Urban Cynic said...

Happy New Year! Well done for the smoking cessation resolution. I read that Alan Carr book 10 years ago (wasn't even considering quitting either) I woke up the next day & I never smoked again - just didn't fancy it. I didn't have one withdrawal symptom either; it was like magic!

Because I seem easily suggestible, I'm going to try hypnotherapy for my disgusting sugar addiction and see if that helps. My other resolutions this year are to finally go on a helicopter ride and to make a quilt!

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm back on track tomorrow :)

Fizzgig said...

debbie:
I'm terrified, but I owe it at least a first try, and then if needed...a second!!!! thank's for the inspiring words!!

Rachel:
I'm doing the cleveland half in may, and the towpath half in october (it's a great one to do for your first, it's flat, and in cool weather!!!) I havn't decided if I'm doing the Akron as a half or a relay yet...but most likely a relay.

whitespace:
yikes! good for you!! probably the same thing w/smoking but after 2 wks of no sugar, and horrible cravings, and mood swings, i kicked the craving. it makes passing them up so much easier if you can get thru those 2 wks.

teena:
good for you!!!! long as you get back, that's all that matters!