"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, November 19, 2012

Way Up North...

Imagine the horror...traveling 6 1/2 hours, and the last few miles are all dirt roads. I was cut off from the world! No cell phone! No internet! No facebook!!!

 
Dirt road...cell phones? No can do!
 
 
 
Woods...
 
 
I made a zen rock stack at Lake Michigan...I love this pic!
 
 
 
I had a great mini vacation with my girlfriend! We stayed with her Momma deep in the north woods. Where the only roads for miles are dirt ones...and they have more snowmobile roads than car roads. It was peaceful, and fun, and fabulous! She fed us so much that I think it'll take 2 weeks to work off all the food!
 
 
We had a ton of laughs, and I'm lucky to have a friend I enjoy the company of for so long! Great road trip!
 
Our flip flops are in the tree...
 
 
We visited the shoe tree...it was a great attraction. We threw our flip flops up there, and wrote our names and the date....
 

I had to have this sign to hang on my wall, because when I read it...it made me cry. To me, it's just what a girl wants! My girlfriends mom said "honey, no one is ever going to read all that". But I know what it says, and I love it!

We played games, learned great recipes, sat by the fire, watched the birds and squirrels on the deck, shopped, watched the walking dead (yes! her Mom loves it too!!) and a scarey movie, laughed so much, and most of all, had a great time!




 
 

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm loving the zen rocks by the water!