"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, November 06, 2012

On Great Things...

I got my new furniture today. Soooo worth the wait!!


Here it is by day...
 
 
 And it looks like this at night!
 
 
I am kinda in love with it. My chair is super comfy, and will soon be getting a matching twin because it is just that fabulous! My entertainment center is my first brand new piece that is not particle board! I have a few things that I've purchased second hand at the Salvation Army store, but they don't count.
 
And how about my beautiful television?  I am so in awe of it, that I stay up far too late watching TV! I don't even care what I'm watching!
 
If I'd have known my 30's would be so fruitful, I'd have not wasted so many years dreading their arrival! The me that worked two jobs for years just to make ends meet, never imagined I'd be where I am today!
 
The best thing about this week?
 
Besides new furniture?
 
MADONNA.....
 
In just 4 short days, we will share the same air space! I will be living the dream for an entire night!
 
Then, I'll go home to my fabulous apartment, and fall asleep in my (practically) new bed, with my very new bedding.
 
 
Very similar to my old set, minus all the rips that occured from machine washing a dry clean only bedspread...
 
 
Yes...great things come to those who wait, and work hard for what they want. Now....we are just awaiting that prince charming fellow..
 


4 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Sweet stuff!

Allison M. said...

I finally finished my whole apartment and it feels amazing doesn't it! Check that off your list.

Urban Cynic said...

I'm 41 now and have moved 19 times in 18 years (just published the whole sorry story on my blog) living in the UK is so expensive and renting here takes up so much of our income. My new flat is half being paid by someone else but if I tried to pay for it by myself it would take nearly my entire freelance income - and that's without food or bills!

My US friends say it's much cheaper over there. My 30's were brilliant (40's getting even better) but the own apartment always eluded me - you have done so well. You should be very proud.

Fizzgig said...

teena:
thanks lady!!

Allison:
it's only taken me almost 4 years...now I don't want to even think about moving! lol

whitespace:
we do have a pretty cheap cost of living over here in comparison, esp in my state. But i wonder if our pay is also less? lol you always have something that is more or less than other places!