"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ahoy Ya Scurvy Bastards!...

This year my BFF and I went haunting as pirates. Mr. Magoo's costume was only available in small, and he is medium (he isn't fat!), so he put on my hat so he could feel included.





Lessons from the night...

1. Mixing wine, energy drink, and dirty martinis does not help with your sea legs.
2. Falling down at 36 (a few times...) is not as easy as falling down at 21.
3. Trying to get a cab ride home at 1 am on a holiday weekend, is not easy.
4. It's freaking freezing in Ohio in October.
5. Giving your house key to your friend is a smart move.
6. Wearing high heels is not nearly as easy as running a half marathon. I am in a lot of pain.
7. Chilvary is not dead!! After four calls to the cab company, some nice young men shared their cab with us so we could get out of the freezing cold!
8. Club Zar in Akron, has something against playing "Pussy Control" by Prince. We waited forever and never heard our request!
9. I'm lucky to have a super fun friend who makes me dress up even thought I don't wanna, and likes to have a good time!

Did you celebrate your Halloween this weekend? What did you dress up as?

2 comments:

Mel said...

"Club Zar in Akron, has something against playing "Pussy Control" by Prince."

We should totally be friends IRL! ha! Sounds like a fun night out!

Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like fun!

Mr. Magoo looks too cute!