"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, December 01, 2011

Miss Self-Sufficient....Miss Keep Your Distance...

First things first! I ordered a new laptop this week, as the diagnosis of my dead Vaio is...the motherboard took a dump. (Cue doom and gloom music) And, I only know this is bad because when I dropped it off the guy said "worst case scenerio, it's the motherboard" soooo...

For $160 I can fix a very old laptop that was loaned to me by a dear friend...or for $70 more (and free shipping!!!), I can own my very own refurbished dell laptop w/a dual core processor! (I also have no idea what this means, but aforementioned friend said it means it is faster than the one she loaned me)

The result? I have checked my order status on said laptop approximately 10 times since I've ordered it, and that was only yesterday. Partly to head off the crackheads from stealing it upon delivery, but mostly because its my first very own computer purchase and I'm super excited!

After such a high, I'm was in dress barn, utilizing my birthday discount (I'll be 35 again soon doncha know..) where I uttered these words to the sales lady in a totally serious manner...

"Yes, I'm looking for a cute holiday top, for pictures with Santa this weekend. So far, I think my dog is either wearing a red sweater, or a reindeer costume." She didn't even bat an eyelash, and we got a super cute top! Black, and sparkly, it'll match whatever we find Magoo!

What's more, Mr. Magoo and I both have hair appointments on Saturday, for said holiday photo. Score!

See, I don't need a romantic interest to be happy. I am a happy person with a tiny obsession with my dog.

I fully believe when the future Mr. Me is ready to come into my life, he will. I am happy that I'm able to enjoy the time to myself, as I am so obviously meant to! (No matter how pissed off this makes anyone who I think I was casually dating, and he thought we were getting married....), the fact is "I'm doing me" (I love this seemingly ghetto phrase!)

I'm entitled to enjoy my "me time" and more importantly, for the first time, EVER, it is because.... I made the choice.

I simply won't settle for less than the (as Carrie Bradshaw so eloquently stated) "zsa zsa zu" and until that crosses my path....

I have lots of interests to take up my time, a core to strengthen, 13.1 miles to achieve, muscles to build, and friends, and family to enjoy laughs with!

I have a very blessed existence partly because I can recognize that I do.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats on your laptop :) I'd be lost without mine.

I love Teena-time :)