"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, December 16, 2011

Time Marches on...

So, one of the things I had planned to do on my time off was to get my nails done and lunch with friends. Awesome, it feels great to have nails again!

What I didn't plan on doing, was getting a new phone.

I've been quite attached to the blackberry for some time. But, yesterday, against my better judgement, I still ran 4 miles outside, alone, in the cold, after a day of watching red box flix. And as usual I had the blackberry stashed in my sports bra, one, in case I'm injured or abducted, two, until my new mp3 player comes in the mail for my service on the job (heck, yea!!) its my source of music while on said runs.

My blackberry has now died. I sweated one too many times into its delicate parts.

The best part about this is I ordered a new phone online and had it delivered to a store, where my ex bf of over 6 years is still the manager. Enter me, half the size I use to be, partnered with the cutest phone sales man you would ever see, and her best friend. Who, kept laughing at ex bf and telling me he was looking at us. (because you are staring and laughing, I say!)

Said best friend told me to take off my "puffy coat" so he could see what he's missing, and I did, because, lets be honest, every girl wants the ex to see how awesome they are after they break up, right? Even if there isn't a prayer in the world that would make me go back to him. (he was a super nice guy, we just fell out of love)

I had gotten up early, did my make up, and put on a cute outfit with some cute shoes, and I felt like a million bucks.

I spent my hour laughing and flirting with the sales guy (which is a new thing I am trying out) and I had fun! Sales guy asked what we were laughing about, i said "I use to date those we dont speak of yearrrrs ago" and he asked if i wanted him to bring him over to ask a question. Best friend was fighting me on this decision but I said NO!

The best part of this hour, was when he took the blackberry to transfer my contacts...."has this gotten wet recently?" he asked.....I replied "yes, i stick it in my sports bra when i run" and he laughed, shook his head, and took it in the back. Now, that's a good salesman! He didn't drop it in disgust!

Cute sales guy closed our hour long meeting with telling me to come back anytime with questions, and to call first to see if those we dont speak of is working.

The downside of this whole ordeal, is...I now have a droid phone. And a touch screen. And long fingernails. I feel somewhat retarded trying to master texting. And that makes me sad

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Because of my job, my company gives me a cell phone. It's not fancy but it's free :)