"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, October 07, 2011

Proud Mom...

Mom's of human kids record first steps, or haircuts, or first words.

Mom's of puppy mill rescues, record seemingly simple things. Like...play.

Two years ago, Mr. Magoo didn't know what kisses, pets, baths, brushing, snuggling, eating out of a bowl, or even a treat was, let alone a toy. The first time he started showing playfulness with me was major. Getting him interested in toys, was not so easy.

Chasing, and retrieving a toy is a big step for a dog who lived the better part of his life being moved from cage to cage being forced to "perform".

Mr. Magoo is a shining example of what a wonderful pet an abused dog will make when you give them the patience and love they so need.

And as silly as this video may seem, to me, it's so big. I love that floppy one eyed dog bigger than the moon!

(the cat exhibiting jealousy is Fozzie...with a short cameo of Pickachu on his way to using the pisser)

P.S. If you look closely near the end at his close up, you can see his "elvis" snaggle tooth that he acquired after having 10 teeth pulled. It's pretty adorable.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

He's such a cutie. Used dogs are definitely better than new! He has come so far thanks to your love and patience. Good job, mom!

Teena in Toronto said...

Awwww! Happy Thanksgiving :)

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

He is just the cutest little rag muffin ever. Loved that video and what a kind soul you are, young lady! Yes, rescue pups are often the best, most loving, loyal dogs in the world. They never forget and never aren't grateful. To see that little furry face running back and forth down your hall is priceless. Thanks for sharing.

Fizzgig said...

Thank you ladies! I definatly found my calling. I really cannot wait until I have a house and can foster dogs. I dont have patience for much, but animals, seem to bring this out in me.