"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Friday, October 14, 2011

Down with the sickness...

I've been pretty lucky sick-wise since I started eating healthy. Unfortunatly when I thought I had the stress poops, I'd actually caught a roto virus, which I think the name "roto-rooter" came from because it attacks your pooper. I'd literally put food in my mouth, and immediatley the gurgles started, and it came back out. How in the world does that happen? I wish I knew.

I just got over that and now I have bronchitis. I miss work. And I'm craving bad food to eat. Subsequently, a week of no workouts and eating things like, hormel canned chili, macaroni, chipotle, a 2 liter and 3 20oz sodas, and McDonalds, has put 6lbs on me. In. A. Week. Not even, 5 days. All I can say is that I hope that it all comes off when I'm back on the wagon next week.

Mr. Magoo is a great sick buddy, but he can't make me soup, pet my head, or bring me water. And I miss having an official "boyfriend" for those things. Even though TDH has offered several times, we're not at the "you can see me at my worst" stage just yet. Sometimes my independance gets in the way of believing in chivalry.

I also dislike taking it easy. I have a hard time just laying around. I always feel like I should be doing something. And, tomorrow I have a 5k to run. ITS FOR THE ANIMALS! I'm still going to try and run it. It's only 3 miles.

And you get hot chocolate, and S'mores afterwards which at this point, sounds heavenly!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Glad you're feeling better. That weight is probably mostly water cause of the salty, crappy, food you've been eating. Drink lots of water and get back to the good stuff.

Good luck in your 5k. Be smart, though, take it easy if you don't feel well.

Teena in Toronto said...

Lots of people sick here too :(

Get well!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Feel better. Don't you hate it when the stress poops turn out to be much worse poops??? Take care of yourself girl! :)