"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, October 10, 2011

Motivator....

Who would have ever thought I would be motivating people to do anything other than singing to them "forget your troubles c'mon get happy?"

I'm good at being optimistic. And making people laugh. I have that down pat. But my latest endeavor is motivating people with their fitness.

Tonight a girl joined boot camp....because of me. She introduced herself to the class and said she had wanted to make a change, and had been afraid to do it, and about everything she'd tried, and what her goals were....and then she said it...."I was inspired by her story on the web page (pointing at me!!!!!) and so I signed up".

I said "ME?!" Pointing at myself...then I said......"AAAAAWE!!"

It just goes to show that you never know what you may do in life, that inspires other people to do good things. I joined to change my own life, and find "myself" again. I never thought it would ever impact another person.

But every day, I see that it does.

A coworker makes me call her every day to run in the gym with me, because she wanted to run as fast as me when she saw me in the gym one day after noticing how much weight I had lost. Wait....As fast as ME?!

I have been getting a girlfriend who lost her will to be fit, to come on runs with me. She isn't running, but walking fast, and saying how hard it is, while I do high knees next to her, or jog at a fast rate, quite slowly (subsequently looking like a complete and total jackass....) I plow ahead up hills, and jog in place while cheering her up the long, steep, never-ending trails. Saying "you can do it! You have to walk before you run!"

Out of all the hard work I've done to lose all the "elle bee's", and achieve my personal fitness goals... having that girl say that I inspired her to change her life, honestly felt better than all that**. Something I struggled with for so long, and have overcome, has made someone else believe they can do it too!

**(Ok, so mayyybe it didn't feel better than putting on a size 6 for the first time EVER....but it felt pretty damn good just the same!)

1 comment: