"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, June 02, 2011

Skinny Girl?...

"Do you ever get tired of being called skinny?"

Are you talking to ME? Um, no!

I can't get enough. "Skinny minnie, you're wasting away, you look how thin you are, you really are losing weight, great job!"

"Is that what skinny people eat for breakfast?" "Oh, you're working out again? I guess that's what skinny people do".

My favorite thing people say is, "what are you doing to lose weight? I'm so jealous!"

And when I respond that I am simply eating healthy, and working out 10 times a week, they quickly say "oh nevermind". As if I am coveting some super magic potion that if you drink it you'll shrink!

To me, skinny is relative. No, I'm not the standard skinny just yet, but compared to what I was, yes, I'm skinny. I'm biggest loser finale **"i think she weighs 120 by looks, but by the scale its 160" skinny.

Last night I cleaned out my closet. I was sad to see so many things go including but not limited to, my favorite jean short cut offs. What I put on from last summer, no longer just looks puffy and hangy and big, it falls off. It's exciting and sad all mixed together. I'm trying to buy a house so new clothes are not an option right now!

*this is an example only and I would never publicly reveal my true weight to the world. No way!

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Good for you!