"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, February 02, 2012

Impending Date...

So, my big date is this weekend. Not that it matters anymore, because I have seen him twice already. (insert smile) Now, this weekend we will be just seeing each other again, on an official "date". We got along just great in person, and he is probably the sweetest guy I have ever met.

I am such a planner, I thought I held all the cards waiting until the weekend, but he caught me off guard wanting to get together and, in a true "un-self like" manner, I agreed. It went something like "I'd really love to come over and kiss you" to which I responded "you wouldn't be disappointed" which lead to, "text me your address", and ended with the sweetest kiss.

Or two.

Or maybe three, I lost count!

I did something spontaneous and I didn't die. Now, riding a motorcycle? I'm still convinced will kill me. So, that's a work in progress. At least he thinks so.

What the future holds, remains to be seen. I can only say that after all this time, it is nice to have such common emotional interests with someone, and talk and talk, yet never run out of things to say. I am an open book, and I know myself, and I have gotten the same in return from him.

He is gentle, kind, and respectful in a way I have always wanted, yet he is still a man. You know, like, he can rebuild a car, hammer a nail, and make plans for you to go out, and doesn't pussyfoot around anything you ask him, and can speak what's on his mind?!?

A pretty good mix of things in my world!

He really makes me smile, and right now, that is enough for me.

Here goes nothin...

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm happy for you. Have fun, relax and enjoy. :-)

Carmen said...

Awesome! Sometimes stepping outside the box is the best move one can make.

And smiling - that's a great start!!

Hil said...

Aww that sounds great! The world needs more good guys. I hope things continue to go positively :)

Allison M. said...

yay! such a good feeling to have and i'm sure this weekend will be a blast.

Jas said...

Aw, good luck, girl :)