"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Monday, March 14, 2011

Long Gone...

I am not dead, but I almost was. I have had pneumonia. It came on fast, and I had no idea why I felt like I was on deaths door after being sick for 5 days, until I finally went to the Dr. and he said "You look too sick"


And, it's not easy to drive a car with no power steering, and a breathalizer on it when you have pneumonia. It wore me out just to go upstairs and take a crap!


I couldn't sleep for days because of how loud I was wheezing, and how much I was coughing. I took night time robitussin, and trazadone, which is a prescription sleeping pill and couldn't sleep! I was starting to feel like Edward Norton in the Fight Club.

"I am Fizzgigs mucus engorged lungs"

I have never been so sick, and can't say I have enjoyed it. The only few moments of relaxation I had was taking one of the 10 scalding hot baths a day I took. I've been on antibiotics and inhalers for over a week, going on week number 3 of being sick. I feel better, and I'm back to work!


Needless to say this put a damper on my first 5k, and I was unable to attend. I am still not even suppose to do housework. Not being able to do piddly mundane tasks is annoying because although I feel fine now, my body still lets me know I need to rest as much as I can.


I imagine this is a preview of what its like to get old. I can hardly wait.


Who suffered most, was my dog, who was so bored from my lack of energy to entertain him, I woke up to him eating cat hair out of the cat brush, with a little snot rag in there for good measure.

Mmmm...fiber!



Reason 456,987,214 not to have kids, with my luck, a kid would not just eat cat hair, it would eat comet and I'd wind up in jail.




Reason 567,904,123 not to have kids, you can't ignore them for 7 days aside from letting them outside to pee and poop, and dumping food in a bowl for them without going to jail.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm sorry you were so sick:(

there is nothing worse than feeling like death is a better option.

also, my dogs eat everything from wood to window screens to poo. a little cat hair? no biggie;)

<3

Carolyn G said...

That's why I don;t have kids! And cats are better than dogs too. Just leave food and wave buh bye for days and they don;t care. Can't do that with children!

I hope you get better soon. I cannot imagine how horrible you must have and probably still feel. UGH! Rest, rest, rest!!

Frances said...

Sending healing vibes, good wishes and hugs your way.
Your fellow Sagg

Sister Copinherhair said...

That picture cracked me up! My son and I have been battling the flu the past two weeks. I have found that March sucks. I always get sick in March.

Speedy recovery!

Allison M. said...

glad you are finally feeling better! I've had walking pneumonia before and it knocked me out for 5 days.