"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Gotcha Day...

Four years ago, I adopted a VERY introverted little dog because I learned from my visits with him at the rescue that he was there and gone a couple of times. Turns out, he was adopted and returned twice for not "bonding" with the people who took him home.

He lived the first four years of life in a cage at a puppy mill, terrified of just about everything. I knew my home was the one he needed to be in so he could know what love is, and become a beloved pet! I had the patience, and love to give to him to wait for him to come around!

He learned to eat out of bowls, walk stairs, play with toys, (and then his kitty siblings) all in due time, but it just took time.

And, he's grown into the best little companion I could have hoped for!

Animals come into your life for a reason, he has inspired my love of volunteering for animals, and it really makes me feel good to spend time with those animals who have no one else to depend on.

Happy "gotcha" day to my Mr. Magoodle bug!


Mr. Magoo is a rambunctious dog, that you would never guess is 8 (or 9, or 10...) and he sure turned awful handsome with some TLC.

I work with dogs all the time that are amazing, but don't show their true colors on a first visit with them at a rescue, they have trust issues.

Take a chance! Consider adoption! Some animals just need patience to become who they are meant to be.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

He's soooooo lucky to have such a nice mom in you :)

Happy Gotcha Day, Mr. Magoo!