"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Joining the Cool Kids...

So the stock market took a crap today. Listen to me sounding all adult-like, and caring about things like that!!

Luckily I had already sold my shares of stock, and almost doubled my investment, rather than holding out for it to go up even further!

Yaaaay meeeee!!!

Whenever one "comes into money", they need to buy something frivolous, right?

I have a really hard time buying things that I don't "need".  (unless it makes me look or feel younger....or makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside as in the form of wine..or, makes me laugh as in buying stupid clothes for my dog to wear)

Nevertheless...I am moving into the millenium, and purchasing a flat screen television. (and of course a new entertainment center)

My current TV works perfectly well. But I talked myself into this because my bedroom TV has half the screen inverted at the top.

So like...people's heads are standing on top of one another, and the sound is pretty muffled by an underlying buzzzzzz....but it still works!!!

I'll swap my bedroom TV with my current living room TV, and then have a fabulous new television in my living room.

Most people already connect to Netflix thru their TV, but I'm still curled up in my side chair in front of the laptop for these things.

I'm making a come up!









2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats on your windfall!

We have two old TVs and were going to replace one when one died with a shiny flatscreen. But the old TVs don't die! So last year we bought a flatscreen for the living and love love love it! Why did we wait so long??

Debbie @ Live from La Quinta said...

Joining the grown up world, eh? I know that the prices for flat screens are amazingly low compared to when I first bought mine several years ago. Enjoy it.