"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Microsoft...You can Suck it..

I may or may not have mentioned my extreme dislike for Microsoft 2007. In particular, excel and word.

Now, I've been using said programs for about 10 years ok, more like 15, shut it. New versions come out, you never notice the upgrade, life is beautiful.

Not this time. The 2007 version sucks balls. Every day it takes me on average an extra 15-20 minutes in downtime searching for simple things..you know, like the print button. Or, how to turn your page to landscape, or turn on gridlines...TO PRINT, because now thats two separate options. You can turn them on, but they dont print unless you also check print gridlines.

Today, I merged 15,000 documents using a word mail merge. I wanted to proof random documents, and tried to go to print, and pick random page numbers.

Um...you can't print random pages anymore. I went to the microsoft website, and you can only print pages, if you put the page numbers in the header/footer.

How fucking dumb-ass retarded is that? I have a 60,000 page document, and I can't pick what pages I want to print unless I number the pages. Its a document full of 4 page documents. If I page number it according to Microsoft, itll be numbered 1-60,000.

Someone made an assload of money to piss off a lot of people.

I hate people that say, it's more user friendly too. Because it isn't its freaking retarded.

Ok, thanks!

5 comments:

Allison M. said...

wow, 15,000 documents. that makes my head hurt.

Katie said...

I hate it with a passion. I just spent 10 minutes last night swearing because I couldn't find the button to have columns repeat on a page.

Think about how bad it sucks to teach a bunch of students who barely knew the old version how to use this one. I want to scream!!!

Teena in Toronto said...

I don't mind Microsoft 2007. I was teaching it last year. Not a lot of companies are installing it, though. There's nothing wrong with 2003 and it's such a big change.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Ai. Hatez. Microsquash. 2007.

Fizzgig said...

allison:
yea it was a giant pain in the ass!

katie:
no thanks! i dont even like using it let alone teaching it!

teena:
i have no idea why we are installing it, because our operating system is still slow

dave:
yay another bandwagoner! lol