"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Magical Disney Vacation...

I'm just back from my 6 day stay in sunny Florida. Temps were in the mid 80's and, sunny. I flew home to 50 degrees and rain in Ohio...sad face. But spending all day every day in the sun got me a great tan!

I won't even dwell on the fact that my flight home was delayed 45 minutes due to a problem with the plane, and  how I saw it all unfold via my coveted window seat......because  I'm home safe and sound, and that's all I prayed for!

The electric parade at the magic kingdom

I had the best time with my high school friend who lives in Orlando. She was a great hostess and took me all over and spent time doing the things she's done a billion times just so I could have a good vacation!

She also works at a Disney resort, so she got me into the parks, including fast passes for several rides, ALL FOR FREE!

My vacation days started before the birds got up, and ended around midnight, we walked on average 7-12 miles a day in the sun, and I loved every single second of it all! I found Disney to be AMAZING!! I had never been! I think I enjoyed it much more as an adult than I would have as a child anyway, seeing how I understand that it costs a buttload to go there, unlike most of the screaming, ungrateful kids I saw at all of the parks!

Here are a few picture highlights in no particular order!


I got to dance with the Parade Characters! (the incredibles here)


We drove almost two hours to see Clearwater beach. I had never been to the gulf.

I could see my feet in waist deep water!!!


I mean...look at this beach!


I just loved this one-legged seagull..


I'm 100% sure that one legged seagull wasn't the jerk that poo'd on me!


A show at the Magic Kingdom



Animal Kingdom Safari



the chimp on the tree of life at Animal Kingdom

 the streets of hollywood studios!

The animatronics were so life-like it was creepy!


Meeting Canadian Lumber Jacks at Epcot..with Sangria!


The Epcot Ball!

 Hollywood Studios

Cinderellas Castle at The Magic Kingdom


You would be surprised how awesome Billy Ocean is when you have been drinking wine all day!


Disney Parade


Spent an entire day two fisting way more wine than food at the food and wine festival



Found a winery that had two resident weiner dogs...I mean I was in heaven!


I had the best vacation! We did so much every day! I got to enjoy the Epcot food and wine festival, Hollywood studios, Animal Kingdom, Clearwater beach, and the hilight.......the Magic Kingdom. 

After watching the electric parade, followed by the lighted castle show, and fireworks at Disney World, I couldn't help but be caught up in all of the Magic of Disney!

I am still riding my Disney high, sorting through over 1,000 pictures, and sporting a super sweet tan!

I am already thinking about my next visit...I plan to run the 2016 princess half marathon at Disney!

I love my life!

2 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! It looks like a fab vacation!

I was in Clearwater many years ago and fell in love with the water! I wanna go back.

Fizzgig said...

teena:
me too! she said next time we'll plan to stay at a hotel and enjoy it more, we just drove down for the day from orlando