"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Sunday, October 12, 2014

Half Marathon #5...and Being a Real Runner...

I still don't refer to myself a runner, despite the last 3 years of training, and all of my races. I think like most aspects of life, you see those that are better than you, and you try to compare yourself, or live up to their levels.

For instance, at most races, I consider the "real runners" to be the ones running around 30 minutes before the race even starts, while I just awkwardly stretch out my leg muscles 10 minutes before start time.

Some say, if you run...you are a runner. I'm trying to embrace this philosophy!

With that said, I had my final half marathon of the season! I did fantastic with my bronchitis, and food issues until around mile 7. I started to count down the miles at this point, which any runner knows...is never a good thing.

Around mile 10, my feet hurt so bad, the numbness turned back into pain, and I started walking/jogging until mile 12. I finally thought...the faster I run, the sooner this will be over!

I finished at 2:38. my best time ever was 2:30 so I was on track to beat that if not for my issues.

I still had fun, the course was beautiful, and I  am celebrating with one...or two glasses of wine while my feet are on ice.


The course is gorgeous!


medal number 12! I am in love with medals!

No comments: