"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Saturday, August 09, 2014

Warrior Dash 2014 - This is the Battleground

I finally got to do the Warrior Dash!!

I signed up at a really cheap price on Cyber Monday this past year and I'm so happy that I did!

I will say, that thankfully all my boot camp classes prepared me for the grueling obstacles! It is "just a 5k" but when you add in all of the things you have to do, it seems like far...far longer!

Not only did I get another medal, achieve something I'd been wanting to do for years, but I reconnected with my childhood BFF via Facebook, and we ran it together with a group of people she knows! I hadn't seen her in almost 30 years, and it was like time had never passed!

Out of all of the obstacles, only one actually scared me...it was walking on a 2x4 that was "cock-eyed" in mud caked shoes, while water is being sprayed on you. I was so afraid to slip and fall that 10 foot drop, but I made it unscathed!

Here's to another medal, another accomplishment, and a reconnection of  a very old friendship that I hope continues!


My race swag


I heart medals!

No comments: