"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Time is Near...


I haven't taken a weeks vacation in a couple of years. I've had long weekends, days here and there, but an entire week without the stresses of work? 

I think I hear angels singing! 

I'm not worrying about my half marathon, vacation is about relaxing! It's my third, and I don't have to break any records! I bought a cute new outfit, and a cooling cloth, so I'm good to go! The temp may be predicted as 87 on my race day, but I'll be finished before high noon, so who cares! I just remind myself that I did my first half at a heat index of 105...I'm hoping the ocean breeze will come into play!

My sister lives a mere 1.3 miles from the beach. That's full of awesome!! 

I will have an entire week of R&R. Lounging in the pool,  sweating it out at the beach. Having lots of sister time, and laughing is my #1 priority.

We will also get to take in a few great bands (we haven't decided which ones yet) that will be set up on the beach since it is the Rock n' Roll half marathon, after all! 

The only downside is that to avoid baggage fees, I'm checking a carry on size bag and taking a carry on. The stress of only taking what I need is really getting to me. Plus, I don't have room to steal things I really like from my Sister's house, which is kind of a tradition in our family.

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend! I know that I will!

2 comments:

OBM.cle said...

good luck on your race! & enjoy vacation.

Debbie @ Live from La Quinta said...

Have a great vacation and a great race! I look forward to reading all about it!