"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Meek...

My laptop died. So I am contemplating making possibly one of the stupidest moves in the universe, and going to Wal Mart on Black Friday at midnight for a new one. I have never, ever....even been near a store on Black Friday.

If you never hear from me again, I was pummeled to death by some horrible woman wearing clothes that don't fit, dragging around 5 screaming children, trying to snatch up my HP laptop deal!

I'm terrified of Wal Mart on a normal day. So I am not sure what I am thinking. I am not mean. I am not aggressive. Those people will chew me up and spit my laptop-less butt out on the sidewalk!

I keep imagining how nice it would be to just go to HH Gregg, and finance a brand spanking new flat screen TV, and laptop 6 months same as cash, and not deal with the Black Friday mess at all.

The latter is sounding more and more exciting.

Are you going to shop on Black Friday?

3 comments:

Allison M. said...

I can only imagine how vicious some of those shoppers can be!

Carolyn G said...

Well last year we did but damn I live in a town of 13,000 so it was not so bad. Then we headed over to the WalMart about 20 minutes away and that was so empty. It was nice because we got all the Black Friday specials without the stress. Small town living is pretty good sometimes.

Teena in Toronto said...

Good luck!

Your Black Friday is like our Boxing Day (December 26). I'm not a fan of shopping and can't imagine getting in line for something at 3am. I'd rather pay full price for it or do without.