"Choosing trust over doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened." -Victoria Monfort










Saturday, June 21, 2014

A New Life Partner...

I know you were all excited that I finally met someone, right? But this post is not about MY life partner, it's about a life partner for my dog Mr. Magoo!

Mr. magoo posing with his pool...

Being a puppy mill breeder, Magoo has always loved other dogs! So, I've been on the lookout for a while now for the right dog to live with us, and be his new best friend..it's not easy to make a match. The dogs are the ones to decide if they will be friends, and then I have my three senior cats to worry about on top of that!

We've had a few trials. 

But after years of  looking at potential dogs...we have officially adopted a new life partner for Mr. Magoo! 


Mr. Bohannon with his tennis ball!!! (named after my man crush on the show Hell on Wheels)

A friend of a friend found him as a puppy about six months ago, and didn't have time to care for a dog, and wanted to find a loving home for him. I took him on a weekend trial,  but after the first night it was clear that he was meant to be mine. 

He and Mr. Magoo played for hours their first meeting, and my cats didn't mind him at all after a couple of hours. He is around a year old, and I'm not sure what kind of dog he is until I take him to my vet, but the previous owner said the vet told her he is a shih tzu mix. I think he may be a maltese mix, he is really little, (about 6lbs) and has silky hair. 

This dog hit the jackpot coming to live with me, and  his previous owner couldn't have found a better home for this little guy!


Sleeping on the back of the couch...

rawhide!

This new little guy even spent the day at Grammas (my Moms house) with Mr. Magoo, and she agreed that he is a great dog! (good thing because she is my dog-sitter!)


After a much needed hair cut, we hit the park. Mr. Bohannon decided to survey the water safely from the bank, but true to form, Mr. Magoo got right in!

Life partners...at last!!

4 comments:

Monica @ The Hot Mess Express said...

He's so cute!!! Congrats on the new addition to your familia!

Debbie @ Live from La Quinta said...

Awww, I am so happy for you and Mr. Magoo! Everyone should have a life partner! He's a cutie.

Teena in Toronto said...

Good for Mr. Magoo (and you!). I'm so jealous you have two such great dogs!

Urban Cynic said...

Mr Bohannon is adorable! What a lucky pup he is. Mr Magoo must think it's Christmas.